Friday, 12 March 2010
Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation's Establishment and So On
Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation has been working in the field of Health & Sanitation (Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS/STDs/STI prevention), Gender discrimination, Adolescent Girls Empowerment(AGE), Non- Formal Education (for Disadvantage/poor people), Environmental issues & Ecosan, Sustainable Development, Leadership Development Program and various training programs etc. since its inception in 1996.
Organization Values and Principles
Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation encourages the following values to be practiced both at individual and organizational level.
2. Transparency and Accountability
3. Mutual respect
5. Gender sensitiveness
6. Cost efficiency
1. Utilization of local wisdom and resources.
2. Encouragement of innovation and creativity.
3. Prioritizing quality.
4. Enhancing coordination and networking.
5. Accepting challenges
Rainbow Nari O Shishu Kallyan Foundation believes:
1. In the potential power of the poor to participate actively in development initiatives within their community.
2. In equal opportunity for man and women in society irrespective of class, age, ethnic, culture or religion.
3. In freedom of expression, movement and choice by man and woman alike.
4. In social harmony free from communal bias.
For the past 3 years we have been working in the field of:
1. Non- formal technology-based education
2. Human resource Development
3. Training (human, leadership & skill development)
4. Waste water management and environmental sanitation (ECOSAN)
5. STD/HIV/AIDS Preventative Program
6. Women and Child welfare
7. To promote research progamme and publication (both print and electronics media)
Member/ partner/ donor of
PMNCH The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health hosted by the World Health Organization (Switzerland)
Global Found for Women (GFW), USA
BCC Network, Bangladesh
NYC STOP Human Trafficking, USA
International Journalists’ Network, USA
Asian Harm Reduction Network, Thailand
Solution Exchange, India
Wiser Earth, UK
The Developer's Network (DevNetwork Forums), USA
World Wildlife Fund, USA
Sight savers International, USA
Bangladesh Social Network,
Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), USA
American Foundation for the Blind
Krityanand UNESCO Club, Jamshedpur, India
Bangladesh ECD Network, BRAC, Bangladesh
Church World Service community (CWSC), USA
Take Part Social Action Network, USA
International AIDS Candlelight Memorial, USA
K4 Htalth, Knowledge for Health, USA
National Partnership for Women & Families, USA
Family Care International, USA